Monday, November 11, 2013

November 11, 2013 Focus Point

Character, Integrity, and Service

"My fellow citizens of the world: Ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." ~John F. Kennedy's Inaugural Address, January 20, 1961

"I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country." ~Nathan Hale

"Duty is never worthily performed until it is performed by someone who would gladly do more, if only they could." ~Unknown

"Real character and real integrity is found in the things that you do when you think that no one else is watching." ~Stephen Covey

When we think of those who are our Veterans we think of Service. We think of Commitment, Discipline, and Character. I am so thankful for our country, I think of the lyrics of an old song: "I am proud to be an American where...... I know I am free." I am so thankful for those brave men and women who have given so much, who have given of their time and a portion of their life to serve our country. To protect and ensure our freedoms. As the song continues: "I will gladly stand up." Thanks to each of you my fellow Americans who Stood Up. As we know, all gave some. And some gave all. The ultimate gift and sacrifice that anyone can give.

This week: Salute your country's flag and thank a Veteran. 

No comments:

Post a Comment