Monday, February 17, 2014

February 17, 2014 Focus Point

I Love America!

"We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone." ~Ronald Reagan

"If you want to make enemies, try to change something." ~Woodrow Wilson

"It is better to be alone than in bad company." ~George Washington

"Believe you can and you're halfway there." ~Theodore Roosevelt 

"Promising too much can be as cruel as caring too little." ~William J. Clinton

I love America, how about you? I love that there have been so many tremendous leaders who have helped build people as well as build the most free of all countries in the world. Now regardless of your or my political view point, I am certain of one thing. We can learn something from everyone. No matter who it is, or what the situation, I believe this statement is true. There is a popular saying: "Experience is the best teacher." But I maintain that: "Someone else's experience is the best teacher, our own experience is the next best teacher." If we take opportunity to learn from people who have gone before us, I think that we can save an amazing amount of frustration in the area of mistakes and pitfalls. And the bookshelves in America are loaded with this grand information.

What can you learn from who this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment